Today, implementing business automation is a must for organisations to thrive in the digital age. In the long term, manual processes can cause organisations a number of delays and errors, which costs resources.
That is why companies that adopt automation are more agile. Automating business processes can streamline operations and optimise time whilst reducing job tasks and increasing productivity.
If you are thinking about how to implement automation, we can definitely say that a chatbot is a great ally. In this article, we will talk about why chatbots are the perfect tool to automate your business.
Inside Business Automation
So what is business automation?
According to IBM, business automation is a term used to describe the use of technology that performs repetitive tasks, and it allows employees to focus on more strategic roles.
Over the decades, business automation has evolved and became more accessible. It has impacted almost every industry and companies of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises. By replacing human labour with machines, automation boosts efficiency and scalability in manual tasks and pushes human intelligence to more complex responsibilities.
Since it is performed by computers, automation excels in repeatable processes that do not change frequently. Not all processes require automation and organisations must be mindful of implementing automation that creates value to the business.
Some examples of types of business automations available today are:
- Basic automation: Use little to no coding and aims to digitise repetitive tasks.
- Process automation: Aims for uniformity and transparency and it is often handled by software.
- Intelligent automation: Driven by AI, where machines automatise decision-making.
- Advanced automation: Combines unstructured data coupled with advanced technology, such as machine learning, natural language processing and data analysis.
What Processes Can You Automate with Chatbots?
And how do chatbots fit into the story?
Chatbots are an effective way for organisations to automate their customer interactions based on predetermined triggers and actions. However, this communication automation generated by chatbots can benefit a variety of business processes. Let’s review some of them!
- Customer Service: Chatbots can automate conversations to provide quicker solutions to customer inquiries and more efficient customer support. A business can opt to use chatbots, live chats with human agents, or hybrid options according to customers’ needs.
- Lead Generation: Bots automatically capture and analyse data from users that interact with your bot. This ability drives lead generation and is especially useful when your bot is linked to your CRM and lead management systems.
- Payment Services: Organisations can automate the paying process using a chatbot by offering a seamless interface to safely receive and send payments.
- Onboarding Process: Chatbots can automate your onboarding process, as they are an effective tool to provide and initiate internal and external tasks. The chatbot can guide you through the necessary steps and be available 24/7 to answer any questions. Plus, with chatbots, the onboarding automation process can be personalised!
Flow XO: The Power of Chatbots and Automation
Business automation drives business growth. Automating processes can increase the efficiency of your workflow, reduce business costs, increase your revenue and add more value to your team.
If you wonder how you can start automating your business, chatbots can be the perfect answer. Flow XO is a chatbot builder and automation platform that allows businesses to easily create flows that connect things that happen (triggers) with things you want to do (actions).
Integrate and automate – Start now!